Monday, September 17, 2012

Homecoming Recap

Happy Marvelous Monday!

Before I go on, please go here to check out my post for Tosca Reno's blog!!!! :D

On Saturday, I had my Homecoming dance. It was definitely a lot of fun. I started the day off at the gym (no surprise there) and I completed a really good chest workout that I actually enjoyed for once, considering I despise doing chest. 

Then, I scurried over to get a mani/pedi. I got a royal blue color on my toes and a teal color on my fingernails. I love the cooler colors!

Then, I got home, and my lovely trainer and basically second mother was kind enough to do my hair and make-up for me. Seriously, she did a fantastic job and I am super duper grateful.


I basically had my hair in a low bun, and a French braid wrapping around the side of my head with a little flower clipped in. It looked so freaking cute. Seriously, I never do my hair and rarely go all artsy with my make-up so the fact that I got dolled up last night is really surprising for someone who likes to wear T-shirts and yoga pants all the time. 

I felt really beautiful. I never really tell myself that but quite honestly I did feel good in my own skin. It's a priceless feeling!

Then the date came over for pictures...


So that was fun. He and I then drove over to another girl's house who lives in a very forest-y area. It was beautiful. We had quite the hard time pinpointing the location of her house, but after 30 minutes of wandering around this maze of a neighborhood we finally found it.

We drove to the school from there. It's awesome because my date and I are both HUGE Lord of the Rings fans, so unlike 'normal' people jamming out to pop or hip hop music, we jammed out to the Lord of the Rings movie soundtrack on the way there. We're nerds, and we are PROUD.

We were admitted into the school where we waited for mah girl McKenna and her date to arrive. McKenna looked stunning as per usual. For three hours on from there, we danced until our knees wanted to give out from under us. Seriously, I NEVER break a sweat. It's like I don't have sweat glands. But I definitely did break a sweat on that dance floor last night. No shame whatsoever.

Finally, we got to the good part of the night. ;) All four of us made our way on over to the nearest IHOP. McKenna and I had a strong hankering for pancakes (when don't we...?) so of course IHOP seemed fitting. We thought we'd be the only ones there but there were two other dates that showed up. 


It is a HARD decision choosing what you want here. SO HARD. But I did see the option for the PUMPKIN PANCAKES and immediately decided on those. NOM. Seriously. I could hardly wait to have those things.


They were good, but the pumpkin flavor was barely discernible. I could not taste it which was a little disappointed. But nonetheless I was happy to have pancakes in my tummy. No worries too, because I pretty much devoured everyone else's plate as well. Once again, no shame.

Here's one of my favorite pictures of the night:


This is McKenna and I. Seriously, isn't she freaking gorgeous? I love that girl. Considering I like to hang around guys more than girls, the fact that I love her to death is pretty astounding. She's an amazing person. Love you Kenna :)

After we basically sat there and talked for like two hours straight and I ate some nasty concoctions that the boys mixed up (they didn't think I was serious when I said no food really grosses me out), we headed back to McKenna's, talked the night away, and then passed out at about 3:30 a.m. This is the third time I am saying this alone in this post, but seriously, no shame.

We woke up at 7:30 a.m. (crazy, right?!) and my lovable McKenna made me an awesome breakfast:


This was Kashi blueberry cereal with almond milk and a two egg omelette with red peppers and broccoli served with some strawberries and blueberries. It was delicious, what can I say. :) 

I honestly had an awesome time. I hope everyone's Monday is going well. Have a great rest of the day. :)

Question: Any Homecoming memories you want to share with me?


18 comments:

  1. Ahhhh so so many hazy memories :-)
    Thanks for sharing Britt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, gorgeous pics Britt, so glad you had a great time! :) Your dress, hair, and makeup = STUNNING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are such a gorgeous girl! Great legs! But where's the pic with the stripper heels visible?! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gosh haha! I think the picture I put of my date and I is the one I edited for my Facebook as well because he felt 'self-conscious' about that fact that I towered over him. ;) And thank you!

      Delete
  4. wow you look beautiful, I love your dress and hair. I am glad you had a great night!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omg, congrats on being featured on Tosca's blog!!!! You are so awesome! And, you look freaking gorgeous girl. Glad you had a wonderful homecoming :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your legs look fab!!! Seriously, awesome, and so does the rest of you of course. Yes, McKenna is gorgeous, but so are YOU! Sounds like a fun night! And I loved the guest post, what an accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe thank you.!!! :) Legs have always been my problem!

      Delete
  7. you look beautiful Britt! (and I loved your guest post for Tosca). I came in 3rd place for Homecoming Queen (part of the court) back in high school (eh-em, in 1990). We had this whole parade celebration thing where I got ride on the back of a vintage convertible and do the beauty queen wave in my fancy queen-ish dress. hehe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :D That is SO awesome. I'm not hellbent on getting nominated next year but if the opportunity springs... I'll take it. ;) Sounds like so much fun!

      Delete
  8. Weeee you look so pretty Brittany, gorgeous legs my friend :) That is too bad about the pumpkin pancakes though... if they are advertising such a flavor, perhaps it would be a good idea to actually taste like it huh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tessa :) And yes TOTALLY agree with that statement!

      Delete