Friday, September 7, 2012

Fitness Friday #1: T-Bar Rows!

IT'S FRIDAY!!!

So everyone take a large, deep breath. Inhale the positive, exhale the negative. Realize it is the weekend and be optimistic. :)

Moving on... I feel like every Friday I write something about some type of exercise or another. So I have officially declared that every Friday I am going to do something called "Fitness Friday" where I describe anything about my favorite or least favorite exercises, workouts, etc. I know I primarily talk about Fitness anyways, but this is just a fun thing I want to do and I know many other bloggers do it!

Well... for my first one I am going to be detailing an exercise I recently just got into and I absolutely love...

The T-Bar Row!

Technically, this is what the actual exercise looks like with a legit T-bar:

She looks slightly uncomfortable... (Source)

However, not every gym is equipped with an actual T-bar tow machine (such as my own gym), therefore, we must improvise! 

Enter the Olympic bar...


Basically, what you'll do is load plates on the end of an Olympic bar. You will either set it between two plates (shown above) or against a wall for support. Put your hands on the part of the bar underneath the plates and bring the weight towards your chest. Try not to extend your elbows and keep them to your sides. Really focus on contracting the back muscles. 

This has definitely become one of my favorites. My favorite body part to work is no doubt my back and this just adds to the reasons why! I just love back exercises. They are so fun!

I tacked these on the end of my workout. I also did (for the back) bent over cable pullovers, wide lat pulldowns, and one-armed dumbbell rows (<-- love those too!) 

I would recommend adding these to any routine. They really help build up the muscles in the back. The next day after doing these, I was really feeling it!

Have a great, relaxing Friday everyone. :)

Question: Have you ever done a T-bar row?

11 comments:

  1. I think I may have done a T-bar row, without knowing its name. Maybe not, just regular rows but similar. I'll give this one a try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I do that all the time! I'll do an exercise than discover than it has a name that I didn't know ;)

      Delete
  2. LOVE t-bar rows! I rarely get sore in my back, but whenever I do these? Alert the doms police!! haha :D
    And I'm diggin your idea of a fitness friday, looking forward to seeing which wxercises you choose :)
    Enjoy your Friday hot mama!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol I know! I only get sore in chest and legs it seems. :/ And thank you! You too :)

      Delete
  3. Thanks for introducing me to a new exercise! I'll have to give it a try....and HAPPY FRIDAY to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes the T-Bar...this I have done!

    have a great weekend Britt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love working out my back too! best feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely a must-have for me when I do back!

    T.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha it seems to work for you! You have an amazing physique!

      Delete
  7. Hmm never have done that particular move, but I know it would be an effective one! Thanks for the info on it madam :)

    ReplyDelete