Wednesday, August 22, 2012

P28 Protein Bread Review

HAPPY WEDNESDAY! :D

Oh wow, I sound so happy for 'hump day.' It's like hey we're halfway through the week! but then it's all like but we still have half of it left...

Oh well. Why? Because at this very moment in time I am so thoroughly and genuinely happy. I feel as if I haven't really ever felt this way and let me just say... it freakin' rocks.

First, I got a job yesterday. It's my first job and I am so super duper excited! My new boss (who is pretty much the nicest guy I have ever met) hired me on the spot. I was in shock. I can't tell you how long I have been waiting for this! I am one hardworking girl so you better believe I am bringing my A game.

Another thing, one of my idols wants something from me. I won't get too deep into but guys, good things are happening. Good things indeed. Genuine happiness is flowing from this girl right now and let me just say, it feels so darn good!

Anyways, today I thought would be a great day to do a review. I'm still waiting for a product where I do a bad review... is that a bad thing to say? I just want to be honest! Nonetheless however, these certain products are amazing and have been the basis of my school lunches.

It is for P28 Protein Bread.


I never even knew bread could even possibly have this much protein! Now I don't have to bring my stinky chicken and tuna to school and gross everybody out.

First up is the bread.


A lovely 10/10 it rightfully deserves.

I got creative with this bread. For lunch, I've been making a mock PB&J sandwich. I'll put chia jam on one slice of the bread (chia jam is a much healthier version of your average jelly) and I'll put either natural almond or peanut butter on the other slice. Smoosh it to together and ta-da! There you have it. A healthier version of PB&J! With TONS of protein! It's a win-win if you ask me! 

I've also been making my own BLTs and other sandwiches with chicken, tuna or turkey, some cheese and lettuce, etc. The options are endless. Oh, and so far, I've been LOVING making my own healthified version of French toast. Sure, I don't mind 'regular' French toast every once in awhile but I do like the protein punch that this particular French toast gives, so I'll take it. ;) Here is a good base recipe from Laura who makes the best recipes, I swear.

On to the bagels!


I give these a solid 9/10! There are so super delicious and essentially the same thing as the bread only in bagel form. So why did I give it a 9/10? Well to me it seemed a bit chewier than the bread and almost difficult to bite, lol! But nonetheless it was fantastic! Much better for you than your standard, carb-y bagel with nearly four times the protein! The carb count only comes in at 27g compared to your standard oh I don't know... 50g in a regular bagel? Now tell me that you can't go wrong with that!

I got experimental with these! I made savory bagels one day, and maybe a egg 'bagel-wich' the next. I made this one morning for breakfast and it turned out to be spectacular:


I realize it is sort of a bad picture but it was so good. It's basically a P28 bagel topped with peanut sauce (peanut flour + almond milk + maple syrup), chia seeds, and some cinnamon. I had this along with some eggs and a peach. So scrumptious if I do say so myself!

I really do like the P28 products that I received and I am being 100% honest when I say that I will be ordering from them when my stock is diminished. It's so convenient and easy to bring these to school for my lunch, and they taste delicious! 

Thank you so much to the P28 crew for sending me these. (Note that these were generously sent to me and all opinions are my own.) Check out their incredible website here.

***NOTE: These are NOT gluten free. They do contain wheat so if you are allergic or intolerant to any wheat products, then I would take that into consideration. I, for one, am not allergic/intolerant and they did not upset my stomach in any way.

Questions: Have you tried the P28 products? If so, what;s your favorite recipe? Anything good happening to you lovely people out there? I'd love to know! :D

*


22 comments:

  1. Bummer it's not GF!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Britt I'm SO happy to hear you're so happy!!!! Congrats on the new job and I'm curiously excited about what your idol wants from you! Do tell!! :D
    This bread is the bomb. When I got samples awhile back, I TOTALLY loved it too. :D The bagels are my favorite-- mini pizzas, egg sandwiches, pb&j's, you name it!! NOMMMM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alex! And I will definitely tell you... ;) It's a secret to everyone else but you're special so obvi I have to tell you! And yes it's SO easy and convenient not to mention YUMMY!!!

      Delete
    2. You will tell her but not me !? (; hhahaha jk!

      Delete
  3. Aww this is so nice, hearing that you are happy is just fantastic and congrats on the new job :) I have heard of this bread before and the protein content is just great. I might have to order me some!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And it's awesome so I highly recommend that you do purchase it! :)

      Delete
  4. I'm SO curious to try this. Wish they had this P28 Bread in a store near me. Have a great time with your new job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing. Contact the P28 people! They're super nice. And thank you!

      Delete
  5. I've heard lots about this bread, just never tried it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats again on the job!

    I adore P28 bread, and am definitely ordering more once my stash is gone too. Thanks for the link back to the french toast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And no problem--your recipes are the best!

      Delete
  7. Congrats on the job!! I love it when I see other people as happy as you are.. The positivity kinda rubs off on me. ;)
    Can I ask you what the job is?

    As for the P28 bread.. It sounds amazing, especially since I kind of want to seem normal and bring a sandwich for lunch instead of my cooked chicken and fish like you just said! Haha, thanks for the review! I'll go and check 'em out! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I work at a sandwich shop called Penn Station. It's famous in the east. :)

      P28 is awesome. No problem! Go check them out!

      Delete
  8. Being your mom I hope I still qualify to post a comment. First I have to fight back the tears and let you know how incredibly proud I am of you. I have not seen you this happy in a long time. I will always be here for you and your #1 fan. You inspire me each and every day. Love, Mom
    P.S. with you being so busy school, job, blogger... I am officially taking you off Dishwasher duty. That job now belongs to your brother. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You sure do qualify! Thanks mommy. :) And HA I doubt Quin would do the dishes. I like doing the dishes though so no biggie :)

      Delete
  9. Any boy who learns to accept dishwashing as a normal part of daily life will be a better person later. In my opinion. It's nice to see such great young kids growing into such great adults.

    ReplyDelete
  10. aww sweet comment from mom(; hahah i love it i had to freeze some of mine though! i got 2 loafs and 10 bagels:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got two packages of each and one packages of each were frozen right away.

      Delete
    2. I did the same but now even my frozen stocks are diminishing!

      Delete