Thursday, August 2, 2012

Liebster Blog Award


Ready for a long post?

Good. I knew you were.

Well the lovely Alex over at The Run Within (an amazing blog!) has nominated me for the Liebster Blog Award. I literally flipped when I say my name as a nomination. Like no way?! So thank you Alex. You are a rock star. :) 


The rules are that I am to include 11 random facts about myself, answer 11 questions that Alex has posted, ask 11 of my own, and then nominate 11 other blogs. So here's goes nothing? :)

1. I want to be a psychologist and a personal trainer.
Since my trainer now reads this blog (Hi Mary! I love you!) I think it is only fitting that I owe all of my training aspirations to her. Not only is she an awesome trainer, but she is currently prepping for a figure competition on top of juggling doing hair and taking care of her kids. So give me an excuse now. ;) I want to compete one day in figure as well, so I have my work cut out for me if I will be in the psychology field and doing personal training. It's okay--I like to be busy!

2. I feel awkward in any clothes that aren't athletic.
Yes. I love my yoga pants and athletic shorts. I live in T-shirts and tank tops. I love my athletic shoes. Then you throw at me fancy denim shorts, frilly shirts, long dresses... HEELS?! That is unknown territory my friends.

3. I have the world's fastest changing tastebuds.
One minute I love onions. The next I loathe them and want them to die in a fiery pit of hell. You see what I mean? They're always changing. Always.

4. My heart melts at every sight of a German shepherd that I see.
Why? Because I used to have one. I loved him so much, but unfortunately we had to put him down because his leg was so messed up and he couldn't walk. I will never forget that day when my dad drove away with him in the car and I never saw him again. :'(


They are just SO beautiful. (Source)

5. I love the holiday season.
I'm not really a summer person. I don't like the heat, I DESPISE humidity and I just don't like how lazy I am in the summer. I much prefer winter, and Thanksgiving and Christmas. I love the joyful atmosphere, the SNOW and just the upbeat attitude I seem to have. Not to mention I am a huge nerd and I LOVE Christmas music and snuggling up next to the fireplace.

6. I get really bad anxiety.
Not everything has to be good, right? At least I am honest! I get super bad anxiety. When the house is a mess and my OCD kicks in. When I have a lot of work to do for school and I feel like I don't have enough time. When I am late for an appointment, because I am usually early. It just all tumbles down on me and sometimes it's hard to handle!

7. I love psychological horror films.
It's the psychology nerd in me. I mean sure, blood and guts is fun and all but I much prefer the psychological fear that is enflamed when I watch a psychological horror film. It's much more appealing and entertaining. I love mind games in movies! I especially love The Silence of the Lambs.

Don't mess with Hannibal Lecter. (Source)

8. My hair went from afro curly to pin straight.
Seriously. When I was a little girl, if a DROP of water were to touch my hair, I would look like Michael Jackson when he was a kid. Big 'ol curly MESS. But now my hair dries completely straight. SO WEIRD. I guess my body is just changing! I'm rolling with it. The straight hair is much easier to deal with.

9. I feel so guilty spending money.
It's horrible. I am going to be so frugal some day, except for when it comes to nut butters and fro yo. Now THOSE items I will indiscriminately throw the money towards. But I'll be out shopping with my mom, see something I REALLY like, and just walk away because I don't want to spend the cash. Like yesterday, I had just gotten some new, expensive Reebok gym shoes and it took every ounce of dignity I had not to let the anxiety build up for spending the cash!

10. I'm having a really hard time coming up with 11 random facts.
I mean usually, I can spew these babies out. Fact after fact after fact. But I'm struggling here. Hmm. Maybe I'm just not that interesting? ;)

I do love my new Reeboks. :)

11. I have road rage.
I shall not tell a lie. I am incredibly impatient and it really bothers me when people take their sweet time going way under the speed limit and then smirking at me in the mirror. Or when I let people in and they decide to go 2 mph.

Now onto Alex's questions! :)

1. What is a little smile for today?
Eating breakfast, reading my favorite blogs, and just having my morning "me" time. It always makes me smile. :)

2. What is your favorite go-to snack product?
My go-to snacks are usually Chobani Greek yogurt, low-fat cottage cheese, rice cakes with tuna or protein powder, or a protein shake. I also love thinkThin protein bars.


So yummy! (Source)

3. What is a family tradition you plan on carrying on for your family?
Great question! Let's see... on my mom's side, since we are mostly Irish, St. Patrick's Day wouldn't be the same without Irish soda bread. So I must carry that on. :)

4. What is the most recent blog you have discovered?
Hmm, I actually have read a lot of new ones! But I think the newest one that I have read was yesterday and it was Yum Yucky's blog. I love it and highly recommend everyone go check it out!

5. What is one food you could not live without?
Hmm can I name a few? Sweet potatoes, bananas, bell peppers, nut butters of all varieties, oats, rice cakes, frozen yogurt, Hawaiian pizza, protein powder, and eggs. Done. OH WAIT and cottage cheese and Greek yogurt. Okay now done.

6. What is your favorite fitness class?
I haven't taken many so I will say any HIIT classes will do the trick!

7. What is one piece of clothing or accesory you wear everyday?
My Irish bracelet and some type of athletic wear. Typically it is leggings and a T-shirt. I'm a simple gal!


Love my Irish bracelet. :)

8. What relaxes you at the end of the day?
Chilling out on my bed, drinking chamomile tea, checking up on blogs/Twitter/Facebook/e-mails/Pinterest and other news.

9. What body part do you love about yourself?
I'd have to say my back. I love it. It's really developing and I am really proud of it. I also love my eyes as they are almond-shaped and they are brown which is not typical for a blonde. I also love my feet. Weird, I know, but I think feet tend to be ugly and mine look pretty decent!

10. What is a pet peeve of yours?
When my brother comes to the kitchen, grabs his snacks, gets crumbs and crap all over the counters in which I had just recently cleaned. Drives my OCD up the wall CAH-RAZY.


My brother and I. Love him when he doesn't leave a trail of crumbs. :)

11. Is there a word or phrase you use a lot?
Hmm... I don't think so! I have a wide array of vocabulary words in my arsenal. ;)

Now onto my questions!

1. What did you want to be more than anything when you were little?
2. If you could only choose one item that you could possess forever, what would it be and why?
3. What's your fruit of choice?
4. What smell(s) do you despise the most?
5. What store do the majority of your clothes come from?
6. What dish is your favorite at Thanksgiving?
7. What is your favorite board game?
8. Since the Olympics are on, what is your favorite event to watch?
9. What is your favorite strength training exercise and why?
10. What was or is your favorite subject in school?
11. What came first: the chicken or the egg?

And finally... my nominations! I nominate...

Alexandra from The Frecked Lifter
Katie from Goober's Nut Life
Brittany from GoTheXtraMile
Meg from A Dash Of Meg
Kristin from My Mission Impossible
Kierston from *CaNdY FiT*
Alek from Run Serve Cook
Katie from Wish and Whimsy
Carrie from Lift Eat Repeat
Lisa from Lisa Lately
Julie from Julie Go Lean

And.... GO!

Questions: Anything you can relate to? Want to answer one of mine or Alex's questions? Go for it! :D

20 comments:

  1. Ah, my heart melts at cocker spaniels, because I used to have one of those. I feel ya.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes I am such a sucker for dogs! Cocker spaniels are so cute :)

      Delete
  2. Thank you for the nomination!!! Loved learning more about you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok your random facts made me realize we are the same person. it is kind of scary, I feel awkward in non workout clothes, I love psychological thrills, I have ocd about people coming and getting crap everywhere and not cleaning up, I kind of have always wanted to do something with psychology as well.... I mean seriously crazy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha TWINSIES! :) That's weird but awesome too!

      Delete
  4. Oh jeez, these were great, I died laughing at #3, my coworkers thought I was crazy. Great post, and thanks much for the nomination...I'm honored :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, thanks for including me. Like you, I'm get very anxious about spending money. I'm pretty frugal. I like to save. But I'm also learning (though it's a hard lesson)to let loose and buy what I really love within reason and after asking myself if it's something I need.
    By the way, what's your fave thinkThin bar? I love those, too.
    Wishing you the very best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! :) I agree. Sometimes I just need to take a breather and tell myself that I deserve it. Normally it's with nut butters that are like $10 and cups of frozen yogurt, but I'm trying to coax myself into doing it with clothes and whatnot.

      My favorite is white chocolate or creamy peanut butter but I am dying to try tangerine and espresso! :)

      Delete
  6. I LOVE Silence of the Lambs! Which is weird since I'm not even a scary movie fan.

    And definitely agree on feeling most comfortable in athletic clothes. If only I could wear them to work...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe yay a fellow SOTL lover! :D And yes. I wear them to school which luckily I can get away with, but when I get a job... ugh. It's going to stink haha

      Delete
  7. I hear you on number 9, but I seem to swing back and forth. I'll be really really frugal and then completely buy a bunch of stuff I just WANT not need. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha for me, it's sometimes hard to distinguish want vs. need. But it is just so frustrating when you REALLY want something, have the money, deserve it, then walk away ha!

      Delete
  8. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!! :)
    This is gonna be so fun! Haha, too bad I can't renominate you.. Got 11 more facts in you?
    Just kidding. ;)
    You had me cracking up all over the place, but especially at 5, by the way. ONE food, and you choose like 20. Silly girl.. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dearest Katie, how could I NOT include you? :) And LOL these were so difficult to think of from the top of my head so I don't know about that one! Hahaha I can't just choose ONE that's cray cray!

      Delete
  9. Holy freaking crap we are the same human!!!! When we meet in real life, I don't think we should drive together though...we may scare the world with our road rage haha ;)
    Thanks for the nomination girly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol it's like double the trouble of road rage. ;) Drivers better BEWARE!!! And no problem :)

      Delete
  10. Thanks for the nomination! I'll have to do this for my next post:)
    I think we could be twins. I have the worst anxiety ever, I actually suffer from panic attacks and have gone to emergency many times because I think I'm having a heart attack haha. So fun;)
    I also dislike spending money, I get super anxious when I spend it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I hope you do because I love your blog. :) I get severe panic attacks as well... ugh. Like today I bought a supplement for $40 and it took me a good hour to calm down haha! We are definitely twins. ;)

      Delete